Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Dr. Fuhrman's New 10 In 20 Program


10 in 20: Dr. Fuhrman’s Lose 10 Pounds in 20 Days Detox Program - Digital



Details


When it comes to losing weight, good intentions and willpower are nice – but it’s results that matter. That’s why 10 in 20: Dr. Fuhrman’s Lose 10 Pounds in 20 Days Detox Program is so effective. In under three weeks, you’ll see dramatic weight loss results, you’ll feel better and more energized than ever, and you’ll reset your palate to prefer the taste of healthy, whole foods. And the best part is, you won’t regain the weight you’ve lost. Say goodbye to yo-yo dieting forever.
The 10 in 20 Detox Program is a delicious, easy-to-follow plan that has been specially designed by Dr. Fuhrman to achieve sustainable weight loss while maximizing health. Once you see how great you look and feel after eating this way, you’ll never want to go back to your old way of eating!
Because support is a key in helping you reach your health and weight loss goals, the 10 in 20 Detox Program includes a free three-month GOLD membership* (a $17.85 value) to DrFuhrman.com. You’ll have access to a wealth of health and nutrition resources, including a Health Tracker so you can monitor your progress, the Nutritarian Recipe Database, which features 1,500 delicious recipes, and a dedicated 10 in 20 Detox Community where you can post questions. You’ll also gain access to our private 10 in 20 Detox Facebook page, where you can share tips, trade recipes and get inspired!
The 10 in 20 Detox Program digital edition features an overview of the Nutritarian diet, plus a guide to stocking your pantry, shopping lists and 20 daily meal plans with recipes – all in a bright, easy-to-read format. A print edition will be available in Summer 2016.
Dr. Fuhrman has helped thousands of people just like you who wanted to achieve sustainable weight loss and enjoy optimal health. If you want to get off the dieting merry-go-round and drop that excess weight once and for good, the 10 in 20 Detox Program is plan for you.
*Membership offer is valid for non-members only. 

~*~*~*~
I noticed some names from UWL as having bought the program and are members of the private Facebook community. Also, a few people have mentioned they either didn't lose or gained weight because the program meals and portions are much heavier than they've already been eating on either Eat to Live or other WFPB programs. Dr. Fuhrman's response to that was people should: "Only eat when hungry, never eat to fullness," and "It's better to eat less and be hungry before the next meal rolls around than to overeat calories at any one meal." If you're overweight and not losing, you're eating too much, even on this program, saying once again his mantra that many people only need 2 meals a day.

Why did I buy this program? Well, getting 20 days of recipes for the price is a lot cheaper than getting only 6 that someone else is selling recipes for, and no special expensive equipment required. Besides the booklet you get entrance into the private Facebook group, and a month's free membership to the Eat to Live web site.

I haven't read it all yet, but was the purchase worth it?

No.

The first 10 or so pages are Dr. Fuhrman explaining who he is, his awards and accomplishments, and a basic, very brief once-over of what the Eat to Live program is. Then comes the standard lists of 15 healthiest foods, a few pages of FAQ's, a few pages about supplements, a page of "affirmations" to get you ready to do the program.

Page 18 lays out the basic rules of the program, followed by the shopping list for the first 5 days. The first menu and recipes finally starts on page 23 (out of 48 pages). Some are very basic, like berry bowls, hummus wraps and smoothies. Others are recipes that have appeared on-line for ages.  There are some new recipes, too. I see already maybe 4 or 5 in this first batch I'd like to try. I can make them McDougall-safe by nixing the nuts and skipping things like avocado, and just having oatmeal on days breakfast calls for a smoothie.

The second 5 days is a bit more troublesome. Not only are the recipes more nut-heavy but one contains meat and another has an egg option.

Day 11 through 15 the recipes are looking familiar. A few from earlier on are repeated, recipes from the Eat to Live Cookbook start appearing, and again, lots of nuts and lots of avocado.

The last 5 days repeat many meals from days 5-10, including the meat and optional egg ones. Lotsa nuts and avocados.

I can see why people who were already eating a very healthy diet gained weight following this food plan.

It's not a total waste of money - the Facebook community looks like a lot of nice people, and there are a number of recipes here that are McDougall adaptable. I was hoping for more salad recipes I could use, but with every one requiring a nut based dressing, they're not for me.

I don't know what I was expecting, but this is not a program anyone already eating healthy - McDougall, Engine 2, Esseslstyn, UWL, even Eat to Live itself - should even be looking at.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I did Eat to Live a few years backs to loose the weight, and it worked. then slid into a more McDougall starch style to maintain. It worked well.... until it got really cold and I started to eat A LOT of cheese pizza....washed down with wine, followed by a late snack of popcorn (not bad, no butter) and cola (ugh... oh and I wasn't hungry but ate it anyways!!) I got back to my McDougal style eating but could never loose the weight I needed (the regained weight)... but my labs are awesome, my skin looks good and I have great energy. I was thinking of doing 10 in 20 but after reading your remarks, I'm probably better off revisiting Eat to Live, then McDougalling it to maintain. Thank you for the review.

VeggieSue said...

On the paid Fuhrman message board, a handful of people are following this version of the program, 2 of them old timers who took Fuhrman's certificate program. Both admit to eating off-program for the past few months and also became snackers, so both gained weight. Since following 10 in 20, they've commented on how much they liked almost all the recipes so far, but did notice some days there wasn't enough food, others too much. And one of them is no longer eating breakfast - I think she was only eating 2 meals a day before 10 in 20, too. She's now using the breakfast meal split in half and having it as desserts after lunch and dinner.

Another woman noticed that some days there aren't beans in any of the recipes, but the next day there are plenty.

On the private FB group, some people said they already stopped using the meal plan in the guide - it's too much work to do every day. Others are loving the meals and plan on just continuing doing this after the first 20 days.

If you like E2L and enjoy the meals and like having someone tell you what to eat for each meal, go for it. For the 10 bucks you get the 3 free months on the Fuhrman web site (Be sure to search the message board for the Healthy Times newsletters and save each PDF to your computer for future reading) and access to the secret private Facebook community (instructions to join on page 5 of the PDF file). Heck, just having access to the recipe center on the site may be worth the cost for a lot of people.

Anonymous said...

This is the previous commentor. I had your page up on my computer and noticed you replied.

Odd there's not beans everyday.

When I did ETL before, I didn't follow his meal plan but created my own menus using his guidelines - a pound of raw vegetables, a pound of cooked vegetables, etc. Although sometimes I feel lazy and just want someone to tell me what to eat. hahaha.

V Fran said...

I'm a McDougall follower but got stuck with problems losing weight. It helped to limit my eating and cut out Salt, sugar oil - (SOS free). But I kept hitting plateaus. So I saw the 10 in 20 and started it about 6 days ago and he uses nuts - though not really a lot of nuts so I think it's acceptable. Some of the salad dressings have about 2 Tbsps of nuts and you may not even need the whole amount for that day - some days I use the second half on the next day. And if you are really into it you could make the recipe without the nuts. Also - McDougall is only anti-nuts if you are trying to lose weight. Also - I do Cronometer and the calories are fairly low on this diet - but you feel full - whereas the calories I was taking in with McDougall were much higher to feel full. So it's only 20 days - I'm going to keep on the path and I plan to go back to McDougall at the end.

Anonymous said...

So glad I read this as I've been tempted to buy it but wondered how different it could be from E2L which I have and have done in the past. I have his Aggressive Weight loss plan too. I've done pretty much all the great vegan gurus plans--It's staying on plan that is the hard part, so thanks for the heads up!

LEAH CORBETT said...

I wanted to try the 10 in 20, but I think I'll just follow the Eat to Live. My problem with this and most dr.-diet-dr.-plant-based-diets is that none of them account for histamine intolerance. I can't find a single recipe for salad dressing from Dr. Fuhrman that doesn't have vinegar or citrus or tomatoes - all of which fill my lungs with fluid. I have managed to find some no-hist dressings online elsewhere, so I can still follow the program. My point is, food HUGELY affects the human body (more than we all thought in the 80s when I was growing up), and I think it's too easy to say, "here - this diet is healthy for EVERYONE". And I'm saying, it can't be, because I have a desire to breathe, and if I followed that exact plan, I'd be in the hospital on steroids, ventolin, and oxygen. I will just have to carefully follow the plan but substitute a bunch.