Friday, April 24, 2009

Argh!!

I just found out that Yahoo is closing GeoCities, their web page service. Many of the recipes I linked to in this blog were on GeoCities pages. When the service stops and the pages disappear this summer, if you click on any of those old links you'll get a "page not found" type of error message. Sorry.

So now the hunt begins for another web site service. Tripod still exists, but I wasn't too happy with them and moved a lot of my stuff off of there and onto other GeoCities pages. I was told there are others out there but they're smaller and even less trustworthy than Tripod, so I may not have a choice.

I remember reading a few years ago that Google was starting up a GooglePages to compete with GeoCities but never looked into it. I guess now's the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment