"Cheesy" Kale Soup
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
1/2 cup yellow split peas
1 onion, chopped
1 cup white button mushrooms
2 cups carrot juice
15 ounces no-salt tomato sauce
1 1/2 pounds kale, tough stems and center ribs removed and leaves coarsely chopped
1/4 cup cashew butter
1 teaspoon nutritonal yeast
In a pressure cooker
1. Cover yellow split peas with about 2 1/2 cups of water and cook on high pressure for 6-8 minutes.
2. Add remaining ingredients except cashew butter and cook on high pressure for 1 minute.
3. Release pressure and blend soup with cashew butter.
4. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast before serving.
To make without a pressure cooker:
1. Precook the split peas until soft.
2. Combine cooked split peas with all remaining ingredients except cashew butter.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until kale is tender (about 15 minutes).
4. Add water as needed to achieve desired consistency.
5. Stir in cashew butter.
6. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast before serving.
you'll know the scenes he compared this soup to. For the rest of you, consider yourselves lucky you don't know.
But don't say you weren't warned!