Monday, February 1, 2016

Dr. McDougall Forums on VegSource

I just found this in my Blogger drafts folder dated July 2014. I have no idea why I never posted it.
~*~*~*~*~
A few years before the Doctor McDougall.Com web site existed, the McDougall forums were part of VegSource.Com. There was both a chat page called McDougall Friends and a recipe forum. 

As time went on, both of those boards disappeared. The recipe page that started in 2000 was no longer linked to on the main VegSource page, and all the old links I had to recipes there were dead. While searching for a Jan Tz recipe that I know originated over there I was surprised when a Google search turned up a VegSource link. It worked! I searched for other recipes with dead links using their dedicated search function, they all appeared on a hidden forum archive. The 2 original McDougall forums are still on the VegSource servers! The graphics are missing on both the first and second recipe pages, but if you want to see an old photo of the Nelson children, it's still there on the McDougall Friends page. All the messages ever posted (and weren't deleted by the moderator, that is) are still there!

Go, visit now! Copy all those old recipes you loved but lost when the boards there closed. Who knows how long the VegSource IT guys will leave it all there. It's all text so probably takes up so little room those files just go unnoticed and will stay forever, but I'm not taking any chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment