Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Amazon Can Kiss My . . .

OK, I won't say it.

I waited for the Prime Day sale for weeks. After years of deliberation I finally talked myself into buying a VitaMix blender, and the 5200, with the tall canister, was most recommended. Retails at over $500 - too rich for my blood - so into the Amazon Wish List it went, waiting for this sale.

3pm Eastern comes and - Amazon crashed. Maybe every 50 clicks I was able to get a real page, but usually it was the home page, a partial home page with no search bar, or a page of puppies, but mostly puppies. At one point I actually DID get to see the Prime Day sales and Yes! There was the blender I wanted at about half the price! I click to go to the item's page, and . . .

More puppies.

Eventually I was finally able to get into my Cart, only to find every single item I had in it - over $200 worth in the Cart and a whole lot more in the Save for Later queue, all gone. No items in my cart at all, including the blender. Things I spent hours accumulating, comparing brands, styles, stores, all gone. ARGH!!! And with the search not working when it does pop up, I can't put anything IN my cart all day. 

I never could get back to the VitaMix 5200 page again up to the time I went to bed at 9pm.

This morning I woke up around 4am and it looked like Amazon fixed itself. The site looked like it usually did during those big sale days, with time limited sales and quotas under each item. I start looking through the Prime Day Deals to find my VitaMix again, and it's not there. A different VitaMix is there, one I long ago decided against, and a Blendtec, but not my 5200. A search for it brings up the usual product page, and now instead of a Prime Day sale price it's back to over $500, available only from third party vendors. 

Then I read a USA Today article that said many products sold out immediately once the site came back up, and my VitaMix blender was one of them, with no hope of it reappearing before the sale is over.

Oh, well, I lived many years without it, I can continue to live without it. Mary McDougall didn't need one. Jeff Novick, either. Still, it would have been nice to have.

There's always Black Friday/Cyber Monday in 4 months.

Now to go find all my other items and put them back in my shopping cart and hope they don't vanish again before I get to order them this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment