Saturday, June 20, 2020

One Advantage of Being Hypothyroid

While my husband and son, 2 men who usually sport the shortest of buzzcuts, both look like shaggy dogs right now after 4 month of no barber (We were all due when they closed), my hair looks like it barely grew. In fact, a neighbor recently asked where I had it cut with all the places still closed.

Barbers and salons reopen here on Monday June 22nd, and they're still trying to figure out how to comply with all the new guidelines. We all have appointments for next Friday morning at 7:30am, as soon as our son gets home from work. I made myself this mask to wear. My husband has a beard and my son scruff so they have to wear regular masks somehow. My son said he may try the one with tape first and see if it sticks. If I can't find the fashion tape she says to use in the instructions, I'll use plain old Scotch double sided tape (Yellow dispenser). My skin can tolerate it for the 10 minutes or less I'll be in the chair.


On the page she also gives advice on how to use a cloth mask for a haircut, and even has a free PDF download of all the instructions when you send her your email address.

While on her site, take a peek at all her purse patterns. I've been making them since she released her first pattern, way back when we still had a fabric store in this city. Stylish and easy to make. I still use the Wonder Wallet I made from her very first pattern from "way back when".

No comments:

Post a Comment