Thursday, November 14, 2013

Jeff Novick Coaching Again in 2014

Did everyone see the announcement from Jeff Novick entitled Nutritional Services? Yes! Jeff is going to start nutritional counselling again in 2014!

From the email announcement:

Staring in January 2014, I will once again offer personal nutrition services, which will include Medical Nutrition Therapy, Health & Wellness Coaching & Fast Fixes.  You can find out more about these services here. The Fast Fixes, which are 20 minutes phone appointments to answer a specific question or two, are currently available on a limited basis.  The other two services will start in January 2014.

If I can get my doctor to write out the referral and dietary prescription, I just may apply for this. Problem is, the only dietary prescription my doctors - primary care and cardiologist - give me is to eat 1000 calories. Neither doctor believes a WFPB, no S-O-S diet is necessary or effective, whether it's for weight loss or cardiac health. In fact, just yesterday the cardiologist told me not to bother giving my husband ground flax seed, that it's "just voodoo" and ineffective in lowering triglycerides or inflammation. Yes, he knows about Dr. Esselstyn but no, he doesn't like the diet and feels it's just another fad diet, and an unhealthy one at that. (sigh)

There's always the regular Health and Wellness Coaching if I can't get the doc's approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment