Friday, January 17, 2014

Richard Simmons' Publisher Endorsed Dr. McDougall

While working on clearing out piles of papers that had gathered around the computer table since we moved into this apartment nearly 14 years ago, I came across an envelope with this letter in it:

Postmarked April 2001

I had been receiving the Richard Simmons newsletter since its inception, and had already been getting the McDougall newsletter when the Simmons one folded, so after writing back to them they just extended my subscription to that one.

I didn't even realize I still had this letter after all these years!

Nice to know that non-veg health gurus recognize Dr. McDougall and his food plan as being superior. Too bad Richard Simmons himself dropped his own vegetarian diet and went back to calorie-restricted SAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment