Saturday, April 28, 2018

Ann and Jane - It Takes Two to Mango, Lime, Bean Salad


Whoops. This one came out before the french fries video but I didn't post it because I had planned on making the salad myself and would share the photo when done. I even bought the mangoes and lime, two items I usually don't keep around the house. But we wound up having lots of leftovers from dinners that I was eating for lunches and I forgot all about this. I used the cilantro in another meal, but I hesitate to open that refrigerator drawer and take a look at the mangoes and limes. Wish me luck.



The recipe comes from not only both books, as Jane stated, but it's also on Dr. Esselstyn's web site:

Mango-Lime Bean Salad
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
Everyone loves this, so double or even triple the recipe! It vanishes in a flash, and also works well as a salsa. It really is our all-time favorite summer salad. The red onion adds a dash of color and the zest (the peel) intensifies the lime flavor.

1 mango, peeled and diced
1 small red onion, diced to taste (start with 1/2)
1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
zest of 1 lime
1 juicy lime, squeezed
cilantro, a lot, 1/2 cup or more

Combine all ingredients. Serve on a bed of baby lettuce.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you VeggieSue, I love watching the Esselstyn girls!

    ReplyDelete