Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Ann and Jane - S.O.B. Burgers


Smoky Oat Bean burgers, that is.



Weren't those Engine 2 burger buns recently discontinued? I'm pretty sure I read that on-line. Our closest Whole Foods never had them, anyway, and I'm no longer ingesting gluten products, so no biggie to me. 

My husband likes Ezekial Sprouted Grain English Muffins that we get at our local Stop and Shop, and that same company also puts out a few gluten-free muffins, in "multi seed" and brown rice versions that Stop and Shop doesn't carry. I found them in that same Whole Foods a few weeks ago when we went during hubby's recent week off of work. The seedy one was so hard, even after microwaving (they come frozen), I couldn't even bite into it, and the rice one was rubbery. Oh, well. Good thing we only go to that store once a year or less. 

In one of the comments to this video, someone suggested using the skins from baked potatoes to use as a bun, so I may use my weekly potato allotment towards that in the future. I've been using lettuce leaves as burger holders. It does the job, but I'd rather have a starch and save the greenery to act as a topping.

For the other gluten-free readers out there, what do you use to hold your burger when you want it as a sandwich and not crumbled up as a salad topper or sliced up on a plate?

2 comments: