Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Cheezy Chickpeas, Take 2

Back in August 2017 I mention a dish called Cheezy Chickpeas that was making the rounds over on the Engine 2 Seven Day Rescue Facebook group. It's been a regular in this family for both lunch and dinner ever since.

A week or so ago someone did a What I Eat In A Day post and showed a potful of mixed beans made into Cheezy Chickpeas. Wow! Now why didn't *I* think of that?

So today I needed a little comfort food, thanks to minor surgery for an ingrown toenail yesterday that still stings like the Dickens today, so decided I would whip up a batch of 3-Bean Cheezy Chickpeas using a can each of garbanzos, dark red kidney, and pinto beans. I started the bowl off with some peeled and sliced baked potato, added a pound of steamed broccoli, and topped it off with a ladle full of the cheezy beans.


To answer your question, Yes, it does taste as good as it looks! LOL

Besides what's in the bowl I put away 3 1-cup containers of it for the next few days' lunches.

Now who would want to wander away from eating the McDougall way when food like this is available?

No comments:

Post a Comment