Saturday, August 10, 2019

Mary's Favorites

For those who haven't explored the McDougall web site lately, it's s-l-o-w-l-y being updated. Like, taking a year or 2 to see any changes on the site or message boards.

For those who have signed up to receive email notices from the McDougall Program, I'm sure you've seen the weekly resending of the old McDougall's Moment videos and the occasional recipes post. Well, earlier today another group of recipe links came into my mailbox, this time labeled McDougall Family Favorite Recipes. Yes, these are the same old tried-and-true recipes that I've been serving my family for a few decades now, but I noticed at the bottom of the list of links the orange button that says Click Here for More Delicious McDougall Favorites. I assumed it would just to to the general recipe page, but I'm bored so I clicked it anyway.

Guess what! It didn't go where I thought it was going!

One of the changes to the web site over the past year was the recipe section's links being divided into categories, like Appetizers, Breakfasts, One Pot Meal Recipes, and so on. It never dawned on me that there was a section with all my favorite recipes, the same recipes that are classified as Mary's Favorites!

From now on, when someone on Facebook asks for the community's members to post their favorite recipes, all I have to do is send them to the Mary's Favorites section!

Now if only they would add a Kids' Favorites category! That's the second most requested category of recipes asked for on McDougall/Starch Solution Facebook communities (OK, maybe tied with MWLP recipes, which does have its own section).

No comments:

Post a Comment