Saturday, November 23, 2019

Another Batch From Dr. Esselstyn

Once again, via Mary Pope, owner of the Dr. Esselstyn Preventing and Reversing Heart Disease- Recipes & Discussion Facebook Community:

A few more responses from Dr. Esselstyn:

I have low blood pressure (as low as 76/50) naturally and have been encouraged by my doctor to up the sodium level, much more than the 1,500mg/day. One side effect of low BP is passing out, which it does seem to help with. If I don’t have any heart disease, is this level okay for my heart? ***The blood pressure level is too low and requires a cardiologist’s evaluation to correct.

I have heart disease, but must take proton pump inhibitors as I had a Hellers Myotomy without fundiplication. It is my understanding that nitric oxide is made in the stomach and mouth, but ppis interfere with nitric oxcide production in the stomach. So my question is, is it necessary to eat more greens than a fist size, six times a day to get sufficient nitric oxide? ***No

Explain in detail why some few individuals have been recommended to eliminate grains temporarily. What is the cause and effect? ****It seems to identify whether the liver production of cholesterol may be stimulated by consuming an excess of grain.

My husband has lost muscle mass since doing the reversal diet. Is there a way to rebuild this? He’s 56 yrs old and has a shoulder that bothers him, so lifting weights isn’t really possible right now. ****Resistance exercise will help to maintain muscle mass.

What could be the cause of a normal Systolic blood pressure but high Diastolic ? ****High systolic blood pressure accompanied by normal diastolic pressure is called isolated systolic hypertension, which is possibly caused by artery stiffness, heart valve problems or hyperthyroidism.

I see he reversed what the last question asked about - normal systolic and high diastolic. I hope that one gets re-submitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment