Thursday, May 28, 2020

Worth the Investment

Remember this post from April when I made Mary McDougall's Oriental Dressing? At the time, my only complaint about it was that even with a lot of the Instant ClearJel it was still watery and I vowed to purchase a bag of guar gum, the product Mary recommended all along.

Well, I did. And you know what? It worked! Just that tiny 1/4 teaspoon of this stuff and letting it sit for about a half hour in the refrigerator made a nicely thickened solution. It was thick enough that those little bits of minced garlic stayed suspended for hours instead of sitting on the bottom of the jar!

Since the package arrived I've made the dressing to serve over rice and veggies twice already and will be making another batch tomorrow morning. My husband said it beats out even Bone Sucking Sauce and Jane Esselstyn's 3-2-1 dressing. I'm now thinking of using it over linguini noodles and broccoli, and if I can ever find it in stores again, tofu.

Mary McDougall had something when she repeatedly said this is the best dressing she ever made!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

P.S. Our city just had its third day in a row of no Covid-19 deaths and only 10 currently hospitalized with it! Of course, now that non-essential stores are open for curbside pick-up and churches are re-opening (for private prayers with social distancing and masks, no masses or other ceremonies), and some places like gyms and daycare centers are illegally opening for business, we all expect this victory to be short-lived, but for now, we'll take any good news we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment