Saturday, August 22, 2020

It's Baaaaaacccckkkk!

Our city's covid-positive count recently went from 7 cases to over 30 in just one week.

And this week we had our first covid-related death since mid-July.

And 2 people are currently hospitalized for it.

Why does our son mock us for wearing masks every time we go to the store, use sanitizer after we touch things outside the home, and refuse to go where there are crowds? Because like all young adults he feels indestructible, I guess. His attitude towards covid-19 is in line with Jeff Nelson's! This is why I wipe down everything he touches and try not to get within 6 feet of him. Easy enough to do because he works nights and we barely see him, anyway.

But schools open around here in 2 weeks - all the public schools and many colleges may be doing virtual classes but all private schools around here will be in-person, the high schools going full time, so the light rail trains and buses will be filled again. Because restaurants, theaters, etc. are still closed, even in NYC, going in to work at night my son says the trains are still pretty empty, but coming home during the morning rush hour the trains look back to pre-covid level capacity already and will be worse when school starts. Even Mr. Skeptic is now wearing his mask on the trains and scrubs up when he gets in, so deep down he does believe.

Time to lock myself indoors again. I already started to restock my supplies, much like Mary McDougall said she started doing in the interview she did recently with Chef AJ. I've got VitaCost coming today, 2 Amazons early next week on top of the 2 this past week, and I'll soon put in another Harmony House order. At least I now know what items I need and not over-buy like I did in the Spring. I'm still trying to use up those Harmony House soup and chili mixes! My doc says to hold off on getting the flu shot (Yes, with my medical history I DO take them yearly) until October so it'll last all season. If I get it now, even the senior-strength dosage like I did last year, I'd need to get another one around January. Once is enough, thank you very much!




No comments:

Post a Comment