Sunday, September 21, 2008

Not 100% McDougall

Just a warning for folks who come here after seeing this blog mentioned on the McDougall Wiki links page -

Not all the recipes I post or link to are 100% McDougall-legal!

Many of the recipes are taken from other vegan cookbooks which don't adhere to the McDougall principle of no added fats or oils, and many times when I post the recipe I leave it exactly as the author wrote it, but when I cook it up use the appropriate substitutes, like Wonderslim or applesauce instead of oil or fat-free cheese sauce instead of store-bought (fatty) vegan cheese.

Most of the recipes are McD-friendly. Here's the page where I gathered up all the recipes from this site's participation in last year's VeganMoFo, and as this year's goes along in October I'll be adding more, hopefully with photos again.

No comments:

Post a Comment