Monday, April 27, 2020

Spuds! Veggies!! Finally!

Saturday my husband and son hit C-Town again, this time bringing the car with them so they can get more than one or 2 bags each. Well, they couldn't get a lot that was on my list and wound up with a grand total of 5 bags of groceries, and the store had absolutely no frozen vegetables this time around, but they DID have Yukon Gold potatoes and bags of carrots.
Today's lunch

OK, so the carrots were small 1-pound bags of 6" long carrots, but they had them! What's in that 3-cup container in the photo is an entire pound.

And the Yukon Golds were small, the largest around 3 - 4 inches in length, but they HAD them!!

This simple lunch tasted oh, so good!!

Wait until later this week when I extol the virtues of the head of cauliflower and bag of broccoli crowns they also managed to get! Then again, I think I'll save them for 2 different dinners for my husband and myself, as much as I'd love to gobble them all up alone. 

Simple meals - rice and veggies, that's all we need to keep us happy. Tonight is rice with 2 of the last bags of mixed vegetables I have in the freezer along with some lima beans I cooked up.

I guess I *won't* be posting anything else about those other veggies, unless I make a new-to-us sauce or dressing to pour over them. I'm thinking of finally making Mary McDougall's Oriental Dressing, but I have to tear this one cabinet apart to see if I ever bought the guar gum it requires when I first read about it. I thought I did, but it must be well hid because I've been looking for a few weeks but haven't found it yet. It's hard to do a deep search when someone is sleeping in the room on the other side of the kitchen wall (Did I mention my son is back on the night shift?).

Some day I'll be brave enough to leave the house and head to Shop Rite to see if they ever got frozen vegetables in, but first I have to get used to wearing a face mask. The ones I made from quilting weight cottons I can't breathe through and I get claustrophobic. Just wearing one in the safety of my bedroom for less than 5 minutes and I break out in a sweat and start hyperventilating. There's no way I can walk through a large supermarket with one of these on, so I remain indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment