Saturday, July 4, 2015

Honey Bean Salad


So far this one is my favorite, probably because it has actual green veggies in it.



I had leftover green beans and wax beans from a previous meal so cut those down to size and used them instead of using canned.

Again, canned beans, drained and rinsed.

And the store had no red onions so I used a small yellow one, sliced very fine.

For the dressing I used the Esselstyn 3-2-1 Dressing with balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and maple syrup.


It was a very nice, tasty salad, but I'm starting to get tired of all those beans and corn! This, like the other 3, filled my 11-cup Pyrex glass container. We had this for one dinner and for lunched for both of us for another few days. My husband ate his as a side dish to his sandwiches, I had mine over baked sweet potatoes. He poured extra dressing over his, but it was just fine for me.

We're not really salad people, but this is one we both declared a "really good" and I'll be making this one again in the future, especially when the heat goes back up into the 90's. It's only July 4th so there's a lot of summer weather still ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment