Friday, July 3, 2015

Mexican Corn Salad

This is the first one we ate, Mexican Corn Salad.

For the red bell pepper I just used a 4 ounce jar of pimientos. The whole thing came together in less than 5 minutes - the longest step was taking the time to open, drain and rinse the cans of beans. I already had the cilantro chopped from the other recipe. I didn't bother putting the salsa and vinegar in a blender.


As for the kitchen, the pipe has been fixed and the old dishwasher is in the hallway outside the bedroom. I have water back and can access all my cabinets. But I still have a gaping hole in the wall where the dishwasher used to be and live wires from said dishwasher hanging around the open area. The owner also yanked the wires off the garbage disposal. That's another thing that never worked right the whole 15 years we've lived here, and every time we use it water would back up in our downstairs neighbor's kitchen sink, so we don't turn it on. He promises to remove it soon, but we've heard that line for the past 5 years. He also said he's going to replace our leaky kitchen faucet, another job we've been after him for for about 5 years, maybe more. That started leaking about a month after he put it in and he promised then to come up and fix it.  So we're now in limbo, waiting to see what will happen next.

But at least I have water and that half of my kitchen back.

Of the last 2 salads already made, one is being eaten with sweet potatoes for lunch, the other we'll have Sunday, so reports on them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment