Friday, September 9, 2016

VeganMoFo in November for 2016


Vegan Month of Food (a.k.a. VeganMoFo) is going to be in November again this year. IIRC, it was November the first year they had it, too.

If interested in joining, go to the VeganMoFo page for details.

I didn't participate last year because I really didn't like the idea of having to follow their themes and daily prompts for posts, but it seemed a lot of other people disliked it, too, and didn't follow them. Because of that, it's not going to be an official requirement this year.

Right now I'm following a really stripped down version of the McDougall program, eating close to how Dr. McDougall has said in webinars he and Mary currently eat and how Jeff said to eat in my last post. Weekend dinners I make the old tried and true McDougall soups; twice a week I make rice and veggies; once a week we're again having baked or mashed potatoes with veggies and one of Mary McDougall's gravies, now that I can eat spuds again; another day we have sweet potatoes with either broccoli or saurkraut and black beans. The seventh day changes weekly - sometimes it's a McDougall chili, or a Jeff Novick SNAP recipe, or just a pot of spaghetti with jarred sauce and a bag of veggies tossed in. Breakfast every day is oatmeal with fruit. Lunch for my husband is a hummus sandwich or 2 with a handful of romaine, Boston lettuce, baby kale, or baby spinach. My lunches are either leftovers or some rice or taters with veggies.

I really don't have the energy or inclination to start making more elaborate recipes again, and at this point in my life, anything with 5 or more ingredients is "elaborate" to me now Because of all this, I'm most likely not going to participate in VeganMoFo this year, either. I'm not closing to door on it entirely - when the new McDougall book comes out later this month, The Healthiest Diet on the Planet, there's going to be a recipe section of some of Mary McDougall's favorite tried-and-true recipes with full color pictures. I may be moved enough by this to do a month of these recipes to get non-believers interested in the book, even if I already wrote blog posts, even past VeganMoFo posts, on the exact same recipes. I guess I'll find out in about 3 weeks what the 60 recipes are and see then.

No comments:

Post a Comment