Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Ann and Jane - Corn Salsa


Who doesn't love a corn salad? I even wrote about 3 different ones from Mary McDougall on this blog over the years - Barbecue Bean Salad, Honey Bean Salad, and Mexican Corn Salad

Unlike those, this one from Ann and Jane Esselstyn has no beans in the salad, but Ann does say she serves it over their rice and bean meals all the time. Hmm, that gives me an idea for next week's Mary's Bean Stew meal. :)

The video's a few seconds over 4 minutes - that's how long it takes to make this once the onions, peppers, and cilantro are cut. But being the lazy cook that I am, I would probably use already chopped red onions from the store, a small jar of either pimientos or roasted red pepper slices, and skip the orange pepper. At $3.99 each it's not worth buying one for the small amount used in this recipe. I still have a lime or 2 in the refrigerator from the other salad of theirs that I still haven't made, so I would use that for the first time, but after that, jarred lime juice, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment