Saturday, March 28, 2020

. . . sigh . . .

The more videos like this I see the more frustrated, sad, and scared I get.



From his Tips for Shopping:

1) Wipe down your cart (not just the handles) - Well, if I had any wipes, I would be able to do this, but stores here haven't had any since March 12.

2) Commit to buying any item you pick up - The stores around here had so few items on the shelves, as a McDougaller I have to read labels of everything first when they don't have what I usually buy. Most items I touched were put right back on the shelf.

3) Don't go to the supermarket if you have any respiratory symptoms or have been exposed - Food shopping is the ONLY thing I've gone out for since I had my 2 doctor's appointments earlier in the month. I could have been exposed then. No doubt everyone in our city has been exposed to *somebody* who has it, especially when supermarkets were elbow to elbow that first week and longer. Heck, my son works at Target and could be exposed every minute he works and then comes home to our apartment, so if exposed to him, does that count?

4) Don't allow your loved ones over the age of 60 to go grocery shopping - Well, I guess we just have to make do with what we have in the house, then, because my under-60 son works all day, would have a hard time carrying groceries home on the train ride home, and by the time he comes home, showers, and gets out of his work clothes the grocery stores are either empty or closed for the day.

5) Buy 2 weeks worth of groceries at one time - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!

Other tips are to leave your groceries outside of your house for a few days before bringing them in. Um, dude, I live in an apartment with no access to the backyard. If I leave my groceries on the front porch, well, remember porch pirates? They steal more than just Amazon packages! There's no place outside my apartment on the landing to put bags of groceries, and every square inch of space inside is taken so there's not even a space to put them aside once they get in. Groceries would go right from the car into the kitchen.

Sanitize your workspace - See #1 (lack of sanitizer) and #5 (lack of space to make into a workspace)

Disposable bags - Sorry, they've been banned in our city and all surrounding cities for months now.

Loose broccoli - I don't trust any fresh produce right now that doesn't come pre-wrapped. Not when you have idiots like that lady who purposely coughed on $35K worth of food (Thankfully she was arrested but not until after the store owner had to throw away all that fresh produce and meat) and teenagers who go around coughing on and even licking food items as a joke/dare. I see his is in a shrink-wrapped bag, so that I would trust. None of our stores sell broccoli like that. Then again, our stores have had no broccoli of any kind for a few weeks, anyway. Same with those oranges and apples (OK, they had some mealy looking apples last week, but ugh).

He took a reusable bag off the floor and put it on his supposedly "clean" surface! Well, it's no longer clean now, is it?!

That fresh baked bread - How many hands touched that bread before he put it in that bag to bring home?

Washing your fruit in dish soap or hand soup? I don't think so! Even the FDA says not do do that, not with dish soap or any soaps or detergents that aren't specifically labeled for use on food.

Take-out food - Sure, go ahead and fling it on a plate and then microwave it. Why not? Who doesn't like sandwiches with the fixings tossed all over the plate and then double-cooked so the bread is now hard and the only healthy stuff on them, the lettuce and tomatoes, are now cooked?

Corona and other viruses can live in the frozen state for up to 2 years? Well, luckily I cook all my frozen veggies, but I never washed those bags before putting them away. And wouldn't do so, anyway, even if I knew about all this when I bought them weeks ago. Take a close look at those frozen veggie bags, especially the steamer bags. Do you see those tiny, almost microscopic, holes in them? Yeah, go ahead and spray Lysol on them and onto your veggies.

You know, Doc, I would be more concerned about the crap foods you're purchasing and eating than worrying about washing my cardboard boxes.

Right now I have a time bomb, um, Amazon package containing 2 bags of Sari nooch, sitting in my apartment on the mat we use to hold our wet shoes and boots. If the virus lives on cardboard for 24 hours, I'll not touch it again until some time tomorrow (It was delivered around 7 last night). Will I wipe down the bags inside the box? Probably not. And the box has to hang around until Tuesday night when recyclables go out for Wednesday pick-up. It'll sit there with the 3 other delivery boxes that came this week from Amazon and Harmony House.

But if following all his cleaning rules is the only guaranteed way of keeping coronavirus out of my apartment, we're doomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment