Monday, March 30, 2020

Time to Stop Looking At Covid-19 News, or, NOW Can I Panic??

When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles, scream and shout.
Popularized in Herman Wouk, The Caine Mutiny (1951), which describes it as an ancient adage.

My husband quotes that line frequently, and the above is taken from a Wikiquote post on panic.

Earlier I was reading on the Takotsubo FaceBook community how we people who have had this cardiomyopathy are having a tougher time with Covid-19, and people who have Covid-19 are experiencing new attacks, reoccurrences, or even getting myocarditis which could lead into Takotsubo. Since Takotsubo is also known as "stress cardiomyopathy", and these are very stressful times for everyone, not just those of us who went through this heart thing already, we’re sitting on pins and needles, waiting, watching , stressing! Will we get the virus? Will the stress of trying not to get it trigger another event? If we do get it, will either one then kill us?

Then there are the posts on the Mixed Connective Tissue Disease and other autoimmune diseases communities, again waiting , watching, and stressing, asking the same questions.

And of course there’s the data they already have on people with respiratory diseases, like my asthma. No guesswork there - just about everyone over 60 who had known respiratory disease and contracted this coronavirus died.

Those of us who have multiple medical challenges are either walking around wringing our hands, getting super hyper, reading and watching everything we can get our hands on, and have hair-trigger nerves, or go in the opposite direction and cower in fear, afraid to even open a window for fear of breathing in virus droplets in the air (Well, it’s also allergy season and another good reason not to open them) or go near even our immediate family who live in the same residence, especially if they’re going out frequently. Stay away! Don’t touch me! Don't come near me!! (Um, honey, we sleep in the same bed, eat in the same tiny kitchen, use the same even tinier bathroom. I can't not get near you.)

After listening to Dr. Lisle talk statistics in the Covid crisis in the first part of this video I’m even more scared. I’m a person over 65 with health issues, especially respiratory disease. If I do get the virus there’s statistically a big chance of my dying from it. (BTW, I never finished watching the whole video. I got too freaked out after the Covid part I just turned it off.)


AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles, scream and shout.






No comments:

Post a Comment