Sunday, December 8, 2013

More Engine 2 Extra Videos - Curry and Iron Chef

Coaches Ami and Natala making curry.


Curry from engine 2 diet on Vimeo.

Another quick dump and heat recipe that looks like one of Jeff's SNAP recipes but with a twist. Mango in curry? Hmmm. I still don't know why the tortillas were mentioned. I thought they may try to serve the curry in them, but no.


Now for Iron Chef 1:

 
Iron Chef 1 from engine 2 diet on Vimeo.

This is the one I wrote about yesterday, with the kale, sweet potatoes, black beans and mango. I plan on making it not this coming week but the week after - IF the doc says my husband can eat beans again. If not, I'll make it but leave them out. It looks hearty enough to be a meal without them.


The next one is called "Iron Chef 2"
 
Iron Chef 2 from engine 2 diet on Vimeo.

This one starts off with leftover potato, quinoa, some beans, canned tomatoes, spices and tortillas. Looks like a lot of leftover-over meals I've made over the decades. LOL

And it's not your eyes - the focus does go out now and then and the video gets blurry.

Can someone tell me what's added at the 5:55 mark? Natala says "Add some ___" and Ami dumps in something from a bag. I have no idea what is said or what's being dumped in. It looks a bit like rice or some other grain. Oh, how I wish these videos were captioned for semi-deaf people like me! :(

1 comment:

  1. Brown rice. Such a small amount, I'm not sure why they bothered.

    ReplyDelete