Monday, August 18, 2014

Waffle Iron Potato


A few weeks ago, Chef AJ mentioned on the McDougall forums that she found her new favorite way to eat baked potatoes - baked in a waffle iron, all squished down so the tater looks like a waffle. She has since mentioned she takes 2 of these potato waffles to substitute for bread or a roll when she eats burgers.

I found some half-way decent white potatoes (Still no edible Yukon Golds in town), nuked them up this morning, and at lunch time decided to give it a try for myself. I could never make decent waffles in this thing to save my life, so let me try potatoes in it.



Not bad at all! And it came right off the non-stick (and not sprayed) waffle iron in one piece, with no sticking.

Like AJ, this may also be my new favorite way to eat spuds, too! I now wish my waffle iron was a bit bigger so I could fit more than one potato at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment