Sunday, November 21, 2010

VeganMoFo Day 21 Excuses and A McDougall Lecture

Sorry for the absence - my husband is now officially on vacation and we've been busy. Food-wise, Friday the boys ordered take-out pizza and I had some veggies and rice; yesterday we had pasta with jarred sauce, and although it's not McDougall-approved, I tossed in some TVP strips. The doctor now against ALL processed soy foods although back in the beginning they were listed as good options and Mary McDougall had a number of recipes using things like Gimmelean, tvp, and soy cheeses. Today they boys are having burgers and I'm having the rest of last night's pasta. Tomorrow is our son's birthday and he requested his birthday dinner come from the other McD's, so it's back to veggies and rice for me. Tuesday they're having sandwiches from Blimpie and since the only veg option I know of is a Morningstar Farms veggie burger as the "meat" of the sandwich I'll probably finish up the rice and veggies. Wednesday is still up in the air, so maybe then I'll have a recipe for you.

To hold you in the meantime is this 75 minute long lecture from Doctor McDougall. It's from this year's VegSource Healthy Lifestyle Expo and is a prelude to his upcoming book,The Starch Solution (still not completed and no publishing date yet, AFAIK). I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but so far it's nothing he hasn't already stated and stressed so many times in the past about the benefits of a starch based food plan.



Here's the same lecture from his Vimeo page instead of YouTube. You can find over a dozen videos by him and his Star McDougallers there.


The Starch Solution from John McDougall on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment