Saturday, November 6, 2010

VeganMoFo Day 6 - Mushrooms and Onions

I've posted videos before from Great Depression Cooking and it's resident Depression Cooking expert, Clara Cannucciari. This morning I awoke to find a new one posted for one of our family's fave easy and cheap meals - Mushrooms and Onions.



I cringe every time I see her cutting something in her hands like that! She must have some callouses built up on those thumbs of hers.

Unlike Clara, I would never drown those 'shrooms in so much oil but would make mine in my handy-dandy non-stick skillet.
And I would never think to add tomato sauce to the pan. I think one 8-ounce can of no-salt-added tomato sauce would do the job quite nicely for a whole package of portobellas (4 caps per package) and one or 2 nice-sized Vidalia onions.

As for the bread, I've been making my own Italian bread for years now using the same recipe I use for my pizza crust.

Mmmm, looks like I may be hitting the grocery store later and have a new dish to make for dinner tonight instead of pasta. Thanks, Clara!

No comments:

Post a Comment