Friday, October 7, 2011

IT'S GARBANZO BEAN DAY!!

Pearls Before Swine comic strip Oct 3, 2011


In celebration of the holiday I'm making a tofu omelette from Vegan Brunch for breakfast, some ceci beans tossed in a bowl of veggies and rice for lunch, Chickpea Broccoli Casserole from Vegan With A Vengeance for dinner, and Crispy Roasted Chickpeas with Moroccan Spices as a snack later tonight.

You do NOT want to be around this house tonight or tomorrow!

The old version of the PPK forums has a haiku thread that went on for years. There was one I loved so much I made a sampler out of it and have it hanging above the computer. I'm sorry I never saved the name of the PPKer who wrote it:

i have crazy gas
woe is he who smells my farts
the scent's demonic

Every time we have a repair-person in it gets a lot of laughs. Too bad it's the truth.

So, Happy Garbanzo Bean Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment