Sunday, October 2, 2011

VeganMoFo 2011

Sorry, but things are crazy at home. The elderly relative I cared for before moving into a nursing home a few weeks ago has been in the hospital twice and had 2 surgeries in 2 days, then the day after surgery they returned her to the nursing home, and the next night they transferred her BACK to the hospital with what they thought was a post-op complication. The ER docs didn't know she had surgery (Nobody told them she was discharged about 30 hours earlier or her medical history) and they admitted her with a possible heart attack because some enzymes that show inflammation were elevated. She just had her guts ripped open - that's why those enzymes are elevated, you idiots!!

Anyway, as far as MoFoing goes, I haven't really been cooking so I have nothing to report. Yesterday I tossed on a pot of pasta with a jar of marinara sauce, and tonight I've got hash browns frying up with some spinach, onion, corn and garlic tossed in. I'm hoping to get a pot of soup on for tomorrow, Veganomicon's Tomato Rice Soup with Roasted Garlic and White Beans. I see I already used that recipe for last year's (Or was it the year before?) VeganMoFo so just click on the link to see the recipe and a photo.

Hopefully Tuesday I'll have good news and a new recipe and photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment