Thursday, March 23, 2017

Argh (hack, hack, cough, cough, wheeze, gag, cough)!!

Things got so bad yesterday that I had to start taking my asthma rescue inhaler ever 4 hours and had to restart my inhaled steroid/bronchodilator med. By bedtime (a bit after 7pm) I was able to sleep in 45 minute to 2 hour segments, but since I woke up this morning at 5:30 am (kept waking my husband so I gave up), the cough is just as bad as it's been the past 2 weeks. If I go 5 minutes without an attack I feel it's a "win".

And when I woke at 2am to hit the bathroom, I was once again drenched with sweat from head to toe, including my sheets and pillows, so it was hard getting back to sleep after that. I did, but woke again around 4:15am, and wound up chuckling myself back to sleep.

Anyone familiar with the Godzilla movie from 2014? Godzilla himself had a very minor role in the storyline, but the kanji stars were the 2 Mutos, a male and female. One of the plot lines pointed out that the "signal" that was being detected were the 2 Mutos calling out to each other. For some weird, sick reason, that part of the movie kept popping into my head early this morning. Here was my son in his bedroom, getting ready for work (He has to leave a bit before 5am), coughing his head off, like he has been for the past 4 weeks, and there was I in my bedroom, hacking and gagging.

I started chuckling. He would cough almost to the point of gagging, then I would do the same. I laughed enough to bother my husband and wake him up, and he asked what was wrong. I told him to ignore the Muto, go back to sleep, and he did, and I dozed off again soon after him. During the middle of his work this morning he comes into the bedroom where I'm trying to rest (while coughing, coughing, coughing), and he says: "By the way, did you talk about Mutos calling you at 4am? I had to think for a minute, then cracked up laughing (between gasping, wheezy inhalations), and said Yeah, I guess I did, but forgot all about it. He shook his head and left the room. I can't wait to tell my son when he gets in from work at 3:30pm. He already knows his mom is weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment