Friday, March 24, 2017

Off to See the Wizard - I Hope


I'm now running a fever of 101 for the past 24 hours; I'm still not sleeping; still coughing, coughing, coughing, gagging; and now add nausea and lack of appetite to the list. Yesterday I had maybe 2 teaspoons of oatmeal, no lunch, and less than a half cup of rice and veggies for dinner. I was just too nauseous to eat any more.

In the early afternoon, my husband called the doctor's office to get me an appointment ASAP. Well, Tuesday at 3pm IS ASAP. The office manager said to call back this morning because if there was any cancellations she can slide me into it. I'm going to tell my husband if she can't schedule me today, to ask which urgent care center the doctor recommends, because I'm not playing around with a 101ยบ fever and nausea for the next 5 days. That's what happens when the office has no weekend OR Monday hours. I've been a patient of the practice since 1983 - they better be able to squeeze me in today.

Last night I was awake all night, with the exception of 15-20 minutes here and there while watching the March Malice marathon on TCM. Gojira, King Kong, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Thing from Another World, and I gave up and got out of bed as soon as The X From Outer Space came on. My poor husband was trying to sleep but aside from the few minutes of respite, I was constantly coughing, coughing, coughing. At least me getting up at 3am he can have 3 hours of peace and quiet.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds miserable Sue!
    All that coughing, ugh, you may crack a rib. Been there.
    Hope you're feeling much, much better very soon.
    Great you still have your sense of humor even when feeling crappy.
    Good luck & Take care.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad and brother both had broken ribs, so I've seen how bad they can be. My dad's was from coughing, but he was also a cancer patient who was undergoing chemo at the time. My brother was a slip and fall on the ice. Bother were in equal pain for weeks on end.

    ReplyDelete