Thursday, June 14, 2018

Ann and Jane - Wacky Crispy Hash Browns



Unlike Ann and Jane, I really don't like my hash browns so crispy that they cut your gums. Slightly browned is crisp enough for me.

Since my George Foreman grill is so old all the non-stick is out of it, I now use parchment paper when cooking on it. It's a trick I learned from Jeannine Elder from the Potato Reset website and YouTube channel. The paper is safe to temps as high as 450ºF, and although the ends may brown a little in either the grill or oven, I've never read of any catching fire. 

I love using parchment paper! I used to buy the non-bleached brown one (various brands) for around $8 for 70 square feet, but now I have this one from Kirkland brand (that's Costco's brand, right? Our store had its gold-shoveled, well photographed groundbreaking in April but not much else since. I doubt it's ever going to get built.) I got from Amazon - $20 for 205 square feet. The box has a metal ripper edge, as opposed to cardboard serrated edge on the natural one, and it fits the lipped baking sheet (jellyroll pan?) perfectly. It feels a bit sturdier than the natural paper, too.

I've been keeping my potato level steady at an average of 2 medium to large potatoes a week, and (knock wood) my arthritis hasn't flared up any worse than usual. Maybe I'll chance eating an extra potato's worth of leftover mashed potatoes for lunch today. Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment