Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Another Oldie But Goodie


Along with all the quick, simple meals I've been making comes quick, simple sauces and gravies. Now that my son decided he loves garbanzos, I've been adding them to all our rice meals and sneaking them into others. At age 34, he's just as picky an eater as he was at 4! Still, if it keeps him out of the golden arches, I'll do it.

I also started making long-time Star McDougaller Jan Tz's Chickpea Gravy again. Yes, hubby and I still adore Mary McDougall's Golden Gravy (with or without the tahini), but this is even quicker to make, is less calories, and can even be served straight from the blender without heating.

Sorry, no photo. Maybe next time. 

2 comments:

  1. I often think about Jan Tz. I wonder where she went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She had such simple recipes, right?
    For those who never knew Jan from the forums, you can go to the McDougall web site and do a search on the forums for "Jan Tz", the name she used on-line. Also, if you go to the links right on this blog that go to the Archives of the Now-Hidden Original McDougall Forums of VegSource, you see loads of her original recipes.

    ReplyDelete