Monday, June 11, 2018

Creamy Balsamic Dressing


Tami Kramer, of Nutmeg Notebook fame, currently follows the Ultimate Weight Loss. She's been developing her own recipes for various WFPB food plans for many years now, and recently she developed one called Creamy Balsamic dressing (click the link for the recipe).

Here's the video she did of her making it:



And here's the photo I took this morning of the batch I made in my Ninja blender:


One of these days I have to get myself a high speed blender. The Ninja I've owned the past 5 or so years is working quite well for most of the things I use it for, but recipes like this one, and others that use dates, well, you can see those little dark flecks of dates even in this photo. They look much larger in person. And when I make Chef AJ's Red Lentil Chili, that's when things really get chunky!

Thanks to the cannelini beans and almond milk, this is, indeed, a nice creamy dressing, and I suspect the longer it sits in the refrigerator the thicker it'll get. I used a golden balsamic to retain the lighter coloring, so it still has a little bit of vinegary bite to it. Next time I just might use the Napa Valley Naturals Grand Reserve balsamic, the one with only 4% acidity. It'll be a darker color, but should be a little less sour and more sweet.

The final test comes tonight when I serve it to the rest of the family over our rice and veggies. My son might prefer his teriyaki sauce, and hubby has been known to pour a few ounces of whatever balsamic is on hand over his greens during the day (He follows Dr. E's 6-servings of greens daily protocol) and drinking the excess like a beverage, so I'm sure this will be fine with him, too. Now that we're having plain rice and veggies 3 dinners a week, plus the leftovers for my lunches, it'll be nice to have another sauce/dressing to add to the mix to avoid boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment