Wednesday, October 7, 2009

VenanMoFo Day 7 - It's Soup Weather! Part 2




I've got this simmering away on the stove right now and it smells delicious! I'm trying so hard not to take a taste - one of my weaknesses. A taste usually turns into a whole serving size bowl before the cooking is done. :(
I'm not bothering to blenderize this. As I mentioned before, those red lentils cook up some creamy and smooth, and besides, my family like a soup with a little bite to it.
One other modification was to add some spinach, about half a bag of frozen chopped (about 2 cups). I was going to use a different red lentil soup recipe for today's dinner, one that was almost identical to this one except it had spinach added and used crushed tomatoes instead of fresh, so I figured it would go with this soup, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment