Monday, October 15, 2012

Thin Lines Comic for 10/15/2012


The strip is called Thin Lines and is only published on Mondays.

What this doc says is nearly word-for-word what my own doctor has been saying to me for almost 30 years now. He is so anti-food that not only does he want me on 1000 calories or less, he suggested I should even try skipping a meal now and then to reduce food consumption by a third. He knows my metabolic rate is so slow that I gained weight on anything more than 1000 calories back when I was an active 11 year old, and now that I'm an almost-60 year old post-menopausal, arthritic old lady with hypothyroid and chronic fatigue/fibromyalgia issues, he also knows it's impossible for me to lose without starving myself, yet he still insists I try. The closest I get to it would be the few times I tried the hasty approach to the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. Anything more than 1/3 starches on my plate and I no longer lose, and half a plate or more I start to regain. Funny, a lot of the Star McDougallers have the same problem, but they managed to lose a bunch of weight first. I never could, and maintain a morbidly obese BMI range even while eating apx. 1200 - 1600 calories a day most days. I love starches too much to eat any less than this. At least all my lab work is fantastic and my doc says he wishes all his patients had numbers as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment