Friday, November 30, 2007

VeganMoFo - The Final Chapter

And the month is ending on a whimper. The kid's night class has been canceled so I'll make something he likes instead of the lentil loaf I planned. He likes simple foods, so I'll make what we call Chinese Veggies - a honking big bowl of carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, pea pods, water chestnuts, a can of sprouts if I have any, and a small can of gluten. I'll make up a fresh batch of brown rice and serve it with our standards - baked Chinese noodles, soy sauce and sweet n sour duck sauce.

Summary of the Month's Meals:
Thanks to the cookbooks by Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero, Mary McDougall, and Bryanna Clark Grogan, there's no reason not to cook healthy, enjoyable and very flavorful vegan meals.

One bad thing about this is that although the great majority of the meals I prepared were very low fat, low salt, and low cal, I still ended the month about 4 pounds higher than how I started it. I guess it really is possible for healthy food to be bad for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment