Friday, November 9, 2007

VegMoFo Post November 9

You didn't really believe I would go on the Rice Diet now, did you? Everybody knows that diet's don't work. Scientists have known that since the 1950's. Gina Kolata, one of the New York Times' science writers, wrote about that in her latest book, Rethinking Thin. Great read - grab it from your local library if you can't afford to purchase it.


Besides, I'm quite happy doing what I'm doing now, eating the McDougall way! I even have a little blinkie proclaiming that fact: Well, it used to be a blinkie but it doesn't seem to be moving now. :(

So what did I do yesterday? I made a batch of Pumpkin Muffins V'con Pumpkin Muffin from Dr. John McDougall and his wife Mary's latest DVD - McDougall Made Irresistable.




Today we still don't know what we're doing for dinner. Originally I had planned this elaborate meal using a few more recipes from the Veganomicon, but I had forgotten I had an opthamalogist appointment and the eyedrops make me almost blind for a few hours afterwards and unable to read, so no new recipes. I'll probably just toss a soup together and grab a loaf of crusty bread on the way home from the doc.

No comments:

Post a Comment