Thursday, November 29, 2007

VegMoFo Post - Now it's 0 for 3

Lasagna is usually my tried and true, always comes out fantastic with no problems. Well, life like to screw with me and I had a lousy lasagna yesterday. The whole wheat noodles (Healthy Choice) never fully cooked, even though the pan was wrapped tight and was in the oven almost 2 hours. The sauce was watery, even though it was a brand and flavor I've used successfully in the past and has been a family favorite. The ricotta was too salty, even though I measured exactly the same amount I use every week.

Tonight is un-chicken patty sandwiches. The boys will have dead bird and I'll take from the bag of Bryanna's chicken cutlets in my freezer, made from the recipe on the Everyday Dish dvd. The only way this meal will get screwed up is if the rolls I have rising right now flop. I've made rolls with this bread recipe many times in the past, but then again, I made that lasagna many times, too.

Tomorrow's the last day of November and the last day of VeganMoFo. I have planned a lentil rice loaf using a new recipe, but the way things are going this week I may just open a can of baked beans and make some mashed potatoes to go with it. I'm afraid to cook now!


No comments:

Post a Comment